Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Ian wrote in message

I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut
accurately to size (double Eurocard). This is well beyond
my poor hack sawing skills so I am hoping there is
someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw
or something similar that I can use.

What other tools are available?

In general nobody cuts particularly good lines with either a hacksaw or a
bandsaw. In either case finish-grade work follows the saw cut with filing
and sanding.

The preferred traditional production tool for this purpose would probably be
a large shear with foot treadle or hydraulic operation.

Another commonly-used tool for this purpose is a high speed rotary bit,
mounted in some kind of a jig (e.g. router table) or on a milling machine.

Yes, it seems my assumption that sawing was the 'normal' method was
quite wrong. Shearing appears to be the standard method. So does anyone
near me in the UK (NR25) have one I could use?

Cheers

ian