Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

"Ian Bell" wrote in message

I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut
accurately to size (double Eurocard). This is well beyond
my poor hack sawing skills so I am hoping there is
someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw
or something similar that I can use.

What other tools are available?

In general nobody cuts particularly good lines with either a hacksaw or a
bandsaw. In either case finish-grade work follows the saw cut with filing
and sanding.

The preferred traditional production tool for this purpose would probably be
a large shear with foot treadle or hydraulic operation.

Another commonly-used tool for this purpose is a high speed rotary bit,
mounted in some kind of a jig (e.g. router table) or on a milling machine.