Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Kruse Kruse is offline

Default can any one with knowledge of Scott 299c help please? TIA

On Jul 13, 12:01*pm, notme wrote:
hello all
would welcome advice on a scott 299c bought with 4 6l6 valves, andd i
would like to fit the intended 7591 valves, i have no manual for this
amplifier and i note JJ 7591 S *(with base) and 7591 7591A Electro
Harmonix (without base). can any of these valves do and is there any
difference? the amplifier to my ear has always sounded slightly
distorted to me and i hope by fitting the right valves may improve
things. i have just basic technical knowledge although i am a retired
wireman so handy with a weller

Are you positive that the output transformers are original?
Obviously, you need to get a manual that has the wiring diagram.
Also, check to make sure that the new tubes do not have a larger
diameter than the original tubes, as the 7591s sit real close to the
output transformers on a 299C with factory output transformers.