Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

Default Bose Patrician

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:48:46 -0500, Randy Yates
wrote:

Chris Hornbeck writes:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:01:57 -0500, Randy Yates
wrote:

There was a company I saw, oh, maybe 10 years ago that made another type
of three-way horn system, but as I recall the horns had a 360 degree
dispersion. And they were, um, pricey - to the tune of about $100,000 /
pair.

Does anyone remember their name? Or better yet, have the literature on
them?

German? Free-standing horns with the flare continuing back to
(beyond?) 90 degrees? Very thin horn walls of plastic in
bright colors? Never heard of 'em...

The Audio(something-or-others) looked to have an actually
accurate exponential horn flare rate - something IME unique
in commercially available designs. All others make an
assumption of a flat wavefront, a good assumption at the
throat, but a very poor one everywhere else. Sound travels
at a constant speed, so wavefronts are spherical, etc.

The ones I heard were disappointing, but listening conditions
were very poor (a Las Vegas hotel room at a show) - so not a
very useful data point.

Thanks Chris. I wish I could conjure up that name, though.

How about these?
http://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/ho...er.php?lang=en

Kal