Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default No Interconnect is the Best

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"flipper" wrote in message

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:35:29 +0200, "Iain Churches"
wrote:

What the current situation shows is
the total apathy of the public to a poor sounding
product

The usual sort of talking down the nose that we have
come to expect from Iain.

I am a recording professional, so is it not natural that
quality should be a concern for me?

That a truism, but one that is irrelevant to the context.

No, it is a reinforcement of the standards and
expectations which I as a recording professional
hold. To me it has 100% relevance. To a person
like yourself, who records and also probably
listens to music of a poor standard, high
expectations are not even something that can
be considered.

Your problem Iain is common to people like you who sit in ivory towers,
only touch tiny parts of the overall process, and never ever see the big
picture.

It is clear from the discussion so far, that most people
involved in professional recording have forgotten
more than you know about "the big picture" as
you call it. We see the project through from
planning to fruition, often a period of several months.

In contrast to a Jack of All Trades and Master of
Mediocrity like yourself, most people recognise
that many of the phases in producing a high-class
product, such as photography, artwork,
sleeve notes, translation, etc need special skills
which are best left to experts in those fields.
I wonder how "condensor" (sic) translates into
Japanese:-) LOL!

Why did not such a great recording talent as
yourself, being from Motown Detroit, rise
quickly upon the ladder of success with
Tamla? In those days, with your Bachelor's
you could perhaps have got a job as producers'
assistant (which is not the same as Assistant
Producer) if you could manage fill the Coke
machine and put the empty bottles back into
the crate the right way up:-)

I can also appreciate your view point. Having neither
the skill/dedication nor the patience to make a quality
recording, your levels of expectation are rock bottom.

Iain, that's libel, and very much worthy of person in
your mental state.

I wonder, Arny, if a computer repair man
(especially a sanctimonious born-again Baptist
who cannot manage without the crutch of religion
to compensate for his considerable social inadequacy)
is in a position to pass judgement on the mental state
of others, while he himself oozes the insincere
supercilious hypocrisy which so often turns good
and upright people away from dubious offshoot
religions.

Luke 6:42. I am told that Baptists use a
simplified translation. Were the words "mote" and
"beam" (one syllable and four letters each) too
difficult for you? :-)

What a bitter, miserable, humourless, sad individual
you have become, Arnold. Or were you always like that?
Give me Buddhism or the Russian Orthodox any day:-)

But actually my statement regarding your recording is
a substantiated fact, an opinion agreed upon unanimously
by all who have heard the tracks of yours which
"leaked out" Without exception, even a class of first year
RA students thought it was absolutely horrendous.
As I told you, one young lady, a gifted cellist, burst
into tears having heard your church choir recording.
She thought it was some cruel, insidious, sacrilegious
joke by the underground "666" label:-(

I am sure Tynan will be interested to hear it.

I've have a goodly number of recorded tracks out on the web, and they have
been heard by tens of thousands of people.

There are "admirers" of yours from RAO collecting
these very tracks as we speak.

Hopefully we may expect a compilation soon:-))

Iain