Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default audio culture nonsense?

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message
---MIKE--- wrote:

snip

So,let's recap: upon auditioning this amplifier,

Michael Fremer got addicted and fell in love.
Max Dudious believed in magic.
Arnie Goodman became joyful.

and Audio Adviser promises us we'll hear music we never heard before, even
from our
most beloved CDs.

Clearly this amp stands out from other amps in terms of sound...right?

Except, no actual evidence was provided for actual sonic difference from
another amp.

Imagine if I took the time to read the copy for all of them.

Have you ever owned high-powered monoblocks?

Have you ever even heard a high-end system with them in a favorable
environment, using other equipment you respect?

Well, I own a five channel system using high-power monoblocks, and I could
describe the changes I heard versus my other sterep SS amps and VTL amps
very much the same way....I would probably describe the changes as being a
bit more subtle...but many revieweres nowadays do. And I might not
attribute them totally to this equipment, but to the equipment as a
representative and high-quality example of the breed (one of my favorite
gripes against reviews these days is that folks are given equipment to
review without the requisite previous experience to separate out the unit
under test from the generic category).

May I suggest that once again you are taking a stand simply assuming you
know the truth. When you have no first-hand basis for doing so.