Posted to rec.audio.high-end
c. leeds c. leeds is offline

Default audio culture nonsense?

Steven Sullivan wrote:

...'nonsense' would include neary every 'review' ever published
in the audio press, ...even soul-changing
differences between amplifiers and disc players.

I answered:

"Soul-changing" differences????? Examples, please!

Sullivan responds:

Would you prefer 'danceable' cables?

No. You mentioned "soul changing differences between amplifiers and disc
players " cited by the audio press, and I asked for an examples. Now,
you change the subject to cables. It is beginning to look like you are
simply making this up as you go along.

I also asked Sullivan:

- what is the
"interweb?"

he answers:

It's a joke.

Oh. I don't get it. Is this whole argument of your's a joke, too?

So, it's *your* ignorance of audiophile claims, not mine, that we're dealing with

Correct. You referenced fuzzy "audiophile claims" and I told you I don't
know what you're talking about. When questioned about alleged
"soul-changing differences between amplifiers and disc players," you
change the subject to cables. So I still don't know what you're talking
about.

He cites:
CABLE ELEVATORS PLUS (SET OF 8)
Keep all your audio cables off the floor with our best-selling, reviewer-recommended Cable Elevators. These really work
wonders and come with our 100% Money Back Guarantee... $159.99

And Sullivan says:
That's laughable NONSENSE, sir.

Perhaps. Surely, the claim is dubious, but I've never evaluated the
product. Have you? There's a money-back guarantee, so there's no risk on
your part.

'Group' -- can *you* think of what claims I might be talking about when I refer to
'audiophile nonsense'?

You're making the assertions, Sullivan... and now asking the group for
evidence? I get it, this is all just silly jive on your part.