Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

Default Low End Room Issues

But do whatever you want. It's your money, your studio, your
reputation, and your ego.

My ego? Is it an ego issue that I want as close to a finished product
as possible before it goes to mastering? Isn't that what a good
recording engineer does?
sorry, but if i'm not happy with a mix, it doesnt leave. period.
call me an egomanic if that's what it makes me, but in my school of
learning, anything else is called being a "hack".

I think you took this the wrong way...

There's nothing egotistical about aiming for perfection - that's the recipe
for success afterall. However you do have to be reasonable about what you
expect out of your facility. It's no coincidence that studios used to cost a
lot more and music used to sound a lot better.