Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben - TheStudioRI.com Ben - TheStudioRI.com is offline

Default Low End Room Issues

If It's not right within MY 4 walls, it doesnt leave the studio.

That's fine if your studio will support that and you're good enough,
but takes a pretty big ego. Some of the best engineers and producers
in the business depend on another set of ears and a different
monitoring environment to get it right. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Correcting for room deficiencies that affect a mix is big business for
the Mastering Industry today. But like with the professional acoustic
consultant, you have to find the right one.

But do whatever you want. It's your money, your studio, your
reputation, and your ego.

My ego? Is it an ego issue that I want as close to a finished product
as possible before it goes to mastering? Isn't that what a good
recording engineer does?
sorry, but if i'm not happy with a mix, it doesnt leave. period.
call me an egomanic if that's what it makes me, but in my school of
learning, anything else is called being a "hack".