Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Low End Room Issues

On Mar 18, 1:11 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

One of the solutions is to simply get rid of the bass fed
to the monitors, that's throwing off your perception of
the mix and leave correcting the "unknown" low end to the
mastering engineer.

That amounts to equalization.

OK, you're stating a fact, but I wonder if you mean it in the sense
that it's a bad thing, something to be avoided. It probably can be
avoided (at least as a gross solution) if the room is properly built,
but in this particular case, it sounds like that isn't going to
happen. Ben has already "treated" his room, he doesn't trust his
monitors, and he doesn't seem to be ready to call in someone who can
properly analyze his problem and suggest a practical solution. We're
just guessing here, suggesting things that have worked in other rooms,
but as you know, every room is unique. And while there are a number of
products on the market designed to improve any room, apparently the
choice (or quantity) isn't right for this room.