Arny Krueger

"Al" wrote in message
om

Sorry all for not being more precise. I'm looking at buying a 1010LT
(the one with RCA connectors) but it doesn't come with the connector
cable.

http://m-audio.com/images/en/callout...ta_1010_lt.jpg

Looks like some custom stuff for the analog connector about 46 pins.

I suspect its some kind of standard DB connector. I count two rows of 15
pins and one row of 14 pins, but I'm a lousy counter.

The digital is a DB-15, though I don't really care about the wordclock

I/O just MIDI.

Hope you're getting one whale of a cheap price, because current retail for a
1010T is about $215

Any ideas on how to build this?

2 appropriate DB connectors, an audio generator or other stable analog
signal source (e.g. a CD player playing a CD-R with test tones) and a scope
or at least a meter.

I am looking for a pin-out diagram or
some method to find out using basic audio tools.

Signal negative lines should be easy since almost nothing is balanced on
the 1010LT. They are all ground but the two balanced inputs.

Outputs can be done with a scope and any program that sends a known signal
out the outputs. The "Audio Rightmark" test program seems to be a reasonable
piece of highly flexible freeware for activating outputs.

Analog inputs can be done with an appropriate analog signal source and an
appropriate program that records. You can even use one of the analog outputs
as a signal source.

The only lines that even take much thought is the MIDI and the digital
input. You're going to need a separate SP/DIF signal to confirm the digital
input. It would probabaly be best to use real world MIDI hardware to confirm
the MIDI I/O. OTOH, MIDI outputs are pretty distinctive on a 'scope. In a
pinch, you could even meter it.

I'm really determined to do this as I would build a little patchbay as
an external plate for the soundcard instead of re-creating 16 RCA
connectors.

Or, a break out box. You could populate it with TRS jacks and
impedance-matched outputs and then you would have a Delta 88. ;-)