Analogeezer

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
"Al" wrote in message

considering buying a soundcard (Delta 1010) without the breakout
cable.

...but hopefully with the interface box. The 1010 card is pretty useless
without the interface box because the converters are in the interface box.

OTOH, if you are talking 1010LT, then that cable is passive. But the 101LT
cable connector has a lot more than 25 pins - more like 44 (rough count).

As far as I know, this DB-25 pin connector on the back of the Delta is

standard M-Audio,

I wasn't aware that M-Audio had a standard for this kind of cable. If they
do, its probably straight-through. But, I don't know what the pairing is,
off-hand. Even straight-though cables aren't necessarily generic or
standard.

and wiring my own up to RCA or even my own choice of unbalanced connector

shouldn't be difficult at all.

AFAIK, the connection between a Delta 1010 interface box and the sound card
is 100% digital. I don't know how balanced or unbalanced would relate to
that.

Anyone have any links to help? I can't find any for the life of me.

I have a 1010 if that is any help, but its at a remote site.

Arny,

Do you have any experience with running longer cables from the PCI
card to the breakout box?

I think M-Audio says a max of around 12 feet, I've got about a 15
footer with no problems, but I relocated the rack the breakout box was
in and to get the cable out of the way I'd really need to run about 20
feet.

Analogeezer