Arny Krueger

Default Filtering hiss behind voice recording

"suburban" wrote in message
news:020220042040283224%stifflittlefingers@hotdog. com

Get a noise gate and you should be good to go. A ducker might help as
well.

Agreed. Noise gates can be simulated well in software. Adobe Audition/Cool
Edit of examples of such software.

In article , Fred
wrote:

Could someone please tell me how to remove the room-tone hiss from a
voice recording done via microphone into a computer sound card?

I am trying to record the narration for a flash movie. I am using a
Labtec Axis-521 headset microphone.I am recording the voice over
using RealOne Player Plus. I have a SoundMAX Digital Audio card and
software on my Dell.

Is this inferior hardware and software for voice recording or do I
have roomtone hiss because I don't have filtering software?

Low end PC sound card mic preamps and low-end microphones are well-known for
mediocrity, including poor noise performance.