Mike Rivers

Default Amek Hendrix

In article writes:

And do you know a way to say if the board needs recapping?
Since I dond't know the sound of a "new" Hendrix, I can't tell if the
caps are to be replaced in the used board, can I?

Sure. Check the frequency response. If it's shy on the low end,
particularly if it's inconsistent between channels, it needs new
coupling and bypass capacitors in the channel path. If it pops or
hums, it probalby needs new filter capacitors in the power supply.

If it works well, it doesn't need recapping.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )