Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On 26/03/2019 12:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
..

Right. But nobody ever says "wow, that sounds natural." It is an entirely
artificial made-up sound that does not exist in the real world.

I have said that, though maybe making an assumption. In classical
recordings the ambience and reverberation of the venue can be captured
to give a good impression of the recording's venue, despite being beamed
into one's own listening environment, and even in 'just' stereo.

We accept all kinds of artificial made-up things, though.
--scott

Yes exactly. Maybe we accept that not all things are intended to be
emulations of a live event. If they were, then we'd be turning our
noses up at most of the recordings made over the last 4 or 5 decades !

It some peoples' listening habits may not include this wide range of music.

geoff