Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

nickbatz said...news:424a1f7f-4b19-412e-b565-
:

"If you notice the reverb, it's way too much."
-- Mr. Fordham, 1980 or so

That was before the '80s happened.

Funny, I was listening to "Surrealistic Pillow" (Jefferson Airplane) the
other day. To your point, it's a mess of both mix and reverb.

Granted it was probably only 4 tracks. There seems to be a combination of
room ambience on drums, off to one side. The guitars are on the opposite
side with amp reverb, then mixed into a chamber with vocals. They pushed
those to the drum side, while placing vocals and bass down the middle.

I don't know how many chamnbers they had at RCA Hollywood, but some studios
had more than one. Mixing instruments like this drives me up the wall,
too. g

david

---