Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

My question is, if that's true, is there's an acceptable range of give and
take between this pure sonority and sense-of-space, and if so, is there a
rule that regulates it?

On that subject, I've always differentiated between reverb on an individual instrument and overall space reverb. And by "always," I mean it's not something I've ever questioned - it just seems evident that some reverb processors and programs stick to certain instruments, and some don't.

For example, trying to find a good reverb for a solo flute or sine wave-ish synth sound isn't always easy.