Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Default Gefell measurement mics for classical recording?

Andy wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Does it come with the power supply?

I don't know yet. I'm trying to find out.

The comparable B&K stuff would be, I think, a 4145 capsule, a 2627 body,
and a 2804 power supply.

I don't know if Gefell made a battery-powered supply as well as a battery
one, and I don't know if they used the 9-pin B&K plug or a LEMO plug like
ACO or something nonstandard. I don't know if you can mix and match the
B&K power supplies with Gefell preamps the way you can use the Gefell capsules
on B&K bodies.

Output will almost certainly be unbalanced, possibly on a shielded banana
plug.