Mondoslug1

Jon wrote:

Hi,

Sort of new to home recording. Attempting to record the guitar. Any
help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I have a cornford mk-50h stack (stacked amp), which I use a
THD Hotplate (power attenuator, basically quitens the stack down by
sitting inbetween the amp head and the speaker cabinet).

The THD hotplate has a line out which I used to record. Recording wise
I am using a Midiman M-audiophile 2696 and cakewalk sonar 3 (p1.7 128
RAM - upgrading to a p3.0 528 RAM soon)

Problem is, when I record clean guitar it sounds ok but when I attempt
to record distorted guitar, it just sounds bad and fuzzy (not
malfunction bad, but just low quality almost like it is a real cheap
distortion effect- which its not!). I'm not overloading the soundcard
inputs or anything like that, and there is certainly nothing wrong
with the equipment nor is it cheap/dodgey equipment. I'm guessing its
because of the whole using line out thing.

Yeah you need a Cabinet Simulator....the Palmer PDI-09 would work great...stick
it on the line out from the Hot Plate, about $120.00....or a H&K Red Box. I
have some mp3s of just that on my website if interested....and of course a mic
would work just fine g

Me at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm