Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:03:41 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

I do keep a Simpson 260 on my bench and I use it often.

** I have a similar Japanese made multimeter that I use occasionally.

Taut band, 20kohms/V, 100kHz response plus dBm scale.

The ohms x 1 range will reliably forward bias semiconductor junctions while in circuit.

For in-circuit testing I find it useful to have an ohms range that is
of low enough voltage that it can't forward bias a junction. I have a
separate range that does provide forward bias, and reads out a voltage
rather than a resistance.

---