Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 8/06/2018 10:22 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/7/2018 11:45 PM, geoff wrote:
iPOD.Â* Yeah. Only Apple product I own - got it especially for
SignalSuite and Guitar Toolbax.Â* Android didn't do that back then.

I had a chat with the Studio Six guys at Infocomm yesterday and asked if
they were doing anything on Android yet. Nope, they said (as everyone
said years ago) that Androids are different enough so that they can't be
sure their software will run on the version that the user has. Same with
AudioControl, who made a really good SPL meter that works on my ZTE
Android 4.0 phone, but when I got a new phone last year because all of
my apps were telling me to upgrade - to versions that wouldn't run on
Version 4 - it wouldn't work. They've abandoned it, similarly, because
it's too difficult to reliably program for Android.

So I use my antique Radio Shack analog SPL meter and avoid buying a $700
iPhone.

Since it is difficult/expensive to calibrate either, you are probably
just as well off using your ears and making a guess.

Trevor.