George Gleason

Default Mixing console

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George Gleason" wrote in message

and when it hits you have to reduce all your trims screwing up your
monitor mixes(assuming monitor from house in a live rig)

Changing the trims the same amount will scale down the monitor
mixes. I guess one could quickly compensate by upping the gain on
the aux send masters.

Musicians do not appreciate the volume swinging up and down on their
monitors this would not be a issue with a separate monitor desk
but your board tape still gets f*cked

It strikes me that in most applications you'd reset the trims a very small
number of times, and if you read this thread and anticipated the problem,
you'd set them appropriately from the onset.

As far as board tapes getting screwed up, it would be corrected
systematically when I upped the aux send masters, or dynamically when I
monitored record levels during the show. If the *tape* was digital I'd

just
end up with a little more headroom.

;-)

Itwould be so much better to have the desk designed correctly to begin with
a very simple thing, but Mackie insists on making everyone learn the
mackie way
complete arrogence on thier part
and a big reason why I can not support thier products
why does everyone insist on making excuses for a poorly designed overhyped
product that requires special "understanding" to get basic utility out of?
I just don't see where this is something that should be

But I guess if your buying and using half asses tools you need to assume you
will have to use then with some sort of ' halfassed, well we do it this way
beacuse we have to" mentality
but please do not try to make it sound like this should be acceptable, it
just isn't
George