Xanth

Default 1998 GMC Jimmy with a few questions about new install of Pioneer stereo.

Hello all,

Stock stereo sucks, AM-FM-Tape-, crap OEM speakers and 2 are dead.

I want to replace it with a Pioneer DEH-P77DH, to have a clean look. Also
with install I want to change the door speakers ( 6.5" round ) with Pioneer
(not sure which ones to choose) and have checked the dash and located wiring
for speakers, tested and working with temporary speaker connected.

Now for the questions.

1- How many pin is the OEM radio ( some sites say 21 some say 32 ) so I can
get a wiring harness to wire to and not cut the factory connector.
2- Do I need an antenna adapter?
3- Is there a site to get the GM speaker connector so I again do not have to
cut the connector off and use a crimp coupling connector.
4- If I do connect the 2 in dash speakers will it cause a problem with low
impendence to the other 2 front door speakers?
5- Door speakers, should I put in some insulation to stop audio from being
lost in the door well?

I have done a few of my older cars in the past, but they were with standard
openings and I ran everything from scratch no problems. I finally got a good
vehicle and don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks,

Dave-