EFFENDI

Default MA Audio HK602SX - Can you get too much of a good thing?!

et wrote:
Here's my quandry...

I got a good deal on a new MA Audio HK602SX, some specs as follows...

2 x 400W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 700W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1200W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1800W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
1 x 3600W RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged
THD @ 4 0hm 0.05%
THD @ 2 0hm 0.1%
THD @ 1 0hm 1.0%
S/N Ratio: 90dB
Channel Separation: 60dB
Frequency Response: 20-20kHz

It was my intention to use a mere fraction of these ratings to run a
pair of ancient Phoenix Gold Xmax 10 subs in a 2K Celica for a time
untill I expand the system. Power wise I figured I'd never have to
buy another sub amp. That was until I chalked up the ballpark current
draw of all 6 40A fuses in this beast (the only thing I couldn't find
out b4 hand.). As something between a newb and a novice I'm afraid an
80A alternator may croak w/o warning. Since I already have it
though, can it be done w/o melting or replacing the electrical system
in the car and/or limiting the stereo volume to something like...2 (of
35)?

Any additonal comments on the amp are also appreciated. Also,
depending on how this thread pans out, any1 looking to get ahold of 1
of these for a decent $.

Thanks for your time,

Lurking.

I might be interested in buying one depending on the price...

EFFENDI