Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

Sonnova wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:11:45 -0800, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"DJ" wrote in message

It's supposed to upsample CDs to SACD. Has anyone heard
about this player, and better yet, auditioned or own one?

Reference -
http://www.emmlabs.com/html/audio/cdsa/cdsa.html

The basic premise is ludicrously flawed. No mechanical or electrical
process can accurately recreate music that isn't already present in the
recording.

True, but oversampling does tend to make Redbook CDs sound better. Perhaps
its the removal of that brick-wall filter at 22.05 KHz that makes things
sound "better", I don't know. But something sure sounds better.

Oversampling isn't the same thing as upsampling. OVersampling as means to
do what you say -- make it easier to implement transparent filtering -- is
not controversial, and has been in use in CDPs since around 1990.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason