Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:02:14 -0800, DJ wrote
(in article ):

It's supposed to upsample CDs to SACD. Has anyone heard about this player,
and better yet, auditioned or own one?

Reference - http://www.emmlabs.com/html/audio/cdsa/cdsa.html

Best regards,

-DJ

I know that the original two Sony SACD players did that, (the $5000 one and
the multichannel $3500 SACD777ES - which I have). The EMM Labs Player is
supposed to up-sample regular CDs to DOUBLE the SACD bandwidth. Whether or
not it actually improves CDs is another matter, I know that my Sony SACD777ES
is not only an excellent sounding SACD player, but its also one of the best
sounding Redbook CD players I've ever heard as well.