Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin[_2_] Rick Ruskin[_2_] is offline

Default Question re proper sealing of woofers with enclosure

On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 18:34:57 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

Rick Ruskin wrote:
----------------

The low end of my JBL 4315's sounds sounds less tight and defined
after having the 12" drivers refoamed.

** So there is now more low bass.

No. Slightly less bass and less defined bass, especially with regard
to bass parts in mixes I'm familiar with. .Impact sources like kick
drums sound about right.

I just want to know if a poor seal would make that difference and
whether there is a way to test the integrity of the seal with the
speakers still mounted.

---
https://www.avg.com