Posted to rec.audio.tech
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Emergency radio aeriel

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Gareth Magennis" wrote ...
The location is my workshop and it loses reception after 2 metres.

That doesn't really tell us much, does it?
Your workshop could be down in the basement or at the bottom of a well for
all we know. Mr. Pierce was refering to whether the antenna is indoors or
outdoors, how high off the ground, what else (particularly metal) is
around it, etc. etc.

Erm, the transmitter is on my bench transmitting a tone, and the reciever is
in my hand losing reception 2 metres from the transmitter. I am repairing
it for someone who also finds that it loses reception 2 metres from the
transmitter while on stage.

Gareth.