Arny Krueger

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
wrote in message

oups.com
Hi All,

I've got a Sony CDP-XA7ES CD player. From what I've read

it
was an extremeley good player in it's day, and still
considered one of the best cd players today. The problem

with
mine is that the laser has gone, and Sony don't carry it
anymore. I have found a site www.partstore.com who carry

it.
It's about $160USD or so, but they won't ship outside

the
US.
Have found the same optical pick up on some asian sites,

but
when I contacted them, they don't have it. My questions

are is
the player worth repairing?

Probably not.

**I'll certainly pay the price of a laser for a
non-functioning XA7ES. They're superb CD players.

Can I get some good ones on the
second hand market which is as good at a good price?

You can easily get one that is just as good new, for the
price of the laser assembly.

**Wanna bet?

No Trevor, not as long as you're in Australia and I'm in
Michigan.