Trevor Wilson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I've got a Sony CDP-XA7ES CD player. From what I've read it was an
extremeley good player in it's day, and still considered one of the
best cd players today. The problem with mine is that the laser has
gone, and Sony don't carry it anymore. I have found a site
www.partstore.com who carry it. It's about $160USD or so, but they
won't ship outside the US. Have found the same optical pick up on some
asian sites, but when I contacted them, they don't have it. My
questions are is the player worth repairing?

**ABSOLUTELY! Sony have turned out some shockers over the years, but the
XA7ES is not one of them. A superb sounding and beautifully constructed CD
player.

Can I get some good ones
on the second hand market which is as good at a good price? And does
anyone know of another source for the optical pickup? Or an alternative
which could be used instead?

**Keep trying with the US source.

--
Trevor Wilson