Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Steven Steven is offline

Default HD RADIO is NO!, and your mother will back me up so don't bother asking

On Sep 30, 3:48 pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Steven" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 30, 3:09 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"SoCal Tom" wrote in message

"SFTV_troy" blabbed:
... this new receiving technique would not improve the sound
(it would still be limited from 100-6000 hertz), but would only reduce
interference.

At least in the States, AM & FM broadcasting is limited to 50 Hz to
15KHz.

AM is restricted by the NRSC standard to a 10 kHz brick wall.

Digital broadcasting is limited to under 20 Hz to over 20KHz, or
basically, the extent of the normal human hearing range.

If you're listening to 100 to 6,000 Hz, you're listening to a poor
telephone connection.

Bob Orban, on the NRSC committee, found that consumer radios almost
without
exception, rolled off by at least 10 db by 4.2 kHz, and passed
practically
nothing over 5 kHz.

Bob Orban is the alien from the late Weekly World News.

god darn it, we've had EVERY TROLL in the group except the K-Man, the
Scott Lifshine/Wereo entity, and the RRAP brigade in this thread!

Morein/McCarty/66.6% of the world's asshole postings has chimed in
even.

Steven ?,
I haven't seen McCarty in this thread yet, though I'm sure he's reading
it. I sign my post with my phone number, and you can really reach me at it,
so please don't put me down with the anonymous asshole brigade.

Bob Morein

Thought you could hide, asshole, but you're just an average asshole
and not very good.