Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kele Kele is offline

Default Amplifier Question

I understand that keeping the input signal low (especially bass), there's l=
ess chance of bleed to other channels. But it is also logical that a highe=
r signal need not be boosted by the amp as much for the same end sound leve=
l. Just trying to give the amp a fighting chance. The amp runs a little w=
armer with the two subs now tethered to it, but not hot when cranked for ha=
lf a day. I find it hard to believe that a 100 watt AB-amp channel can dri=
ve a sub that had a 1000 watt, 2000 watt peek, class-D plate amp (8" driver=
). I'm still fiddling with getting the bass balance right: two non-similar=
subs + system + room. Awolnation-Sail is one I've been playing for its lo=
w freqs.