Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Default Dynakit 70 filter cap question

Triode Electronics has a SDS cap board made to fit under the ST70,
which has all the caps on board, including the bias rectifier caps and
diode. It's not that much more than the new can cap you can get for
that amp, and the caps are high quality. You can leave the can mounted
for looks, and pop this board under the chassis. I havent' used it
myself, but I wish it had been available when I recapped my ST70. I
ended up getting an expensive can cap, and wedging caps under the
chassis to get some larger values that the original 30-20-20-20 uf
caps.

http://www.triodeelectronics.com/sdss70parts.html

Bob H.

GuitarPsych wrote:
I am about to replace the filt capacitors on my dynakit 70 (I'm
guessing they have never been changed) and rather than open the amp
just to find out what they are, does anyone here know off hand what I
should purchase as replacements for the current filter caps, and how
many?