Tim S Kemp

Default My equipment review of the Bose 901

Peter Sammon wrote a massive amount about an expensive pair of
underperforming speakers.

If I wanted overpriced speakers that sound "nice" but don't reproduce music
how the sound engineer intended it to be reproduced I think the B&O beolab 5
would be my choice, they sound good. The 901 Bose does not give the crisp
response across the frequency range that's required or the power and
transient response that you get with real loudspeakers. They still sound
"good" but then so do many 150quid radio / CD players and mini audio
systems.

I dare say that if music was recorded with the intention of playback on
limited bandwidth reflected audio systems then they'd be a good idea - they
also work well for background music but then there's cheaper options there
too.

I hear no highs, I feel no lows, it sounds like crap, it must be Bose....