Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_12_] Chuck[_12_] is offline

Default Small power amplifier

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:35:30 -0500, "Dave O'Heare"
wrote:

wrote in news:dc694bd4-3bcd-4797-9920-
:

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 2:35:29 AM UTC-4, Dave O'Heare wrote:
I hate the smell of fried electronics in the evening.

Do you want to sell it?

Mark

I might, depending on the verdict from the repair guys.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want it?

As someone who has repaired quite a few of these, I wouldn't repair
it. Probably all small value electrolytic capacitors will be bad. The
stand up driver boards have traces that are so thin that when the
drivers are desoldered the traces dissolve. To work on the bottom of
the main board all output and power supply switching transistors have
to be detached from the heatsinks. If cost is an issue, pretty much
any used amp will be better.

---