Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default The Autotune Evil Empire - Version 7

I very rarely use the Autotune beast, but have had to do so
occasionally and will need it again on two current projects. My
introduction was to Autotune 5, which is operationally odd, IMO, and
mostly unusable.

I've been told I'm not the only one to have fought version 5 (seems
to have an abundance of operations and interface quirks, typically
doing more harm than good). One client told me Autotune 4 was great
at doing what it should do both in controls and expected results, but
that it crashed way too often... Sigh.

So the question is whether Autotune 7 is significantly "better" in
the opinion of those who've used it and possibly earlier versions.

Yes, I'll grab a demo, but general thoughts/experiences with "gotchas" are
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Frank
Mobile Audio