Steven Swift

"Frank Dresser" writes:

I think the fact that the synchrodyne never became at all popular as an AM
radio detector in the tube era means something. If I recall correctly, I
read that synchrodyne detectors would howl until they sync'd. Also, the
phasing would have to be perfect to get good demodulation from normal double
sideband AM.

Frank Dresser

Yes, they howl. But his channel concept eliminates that problem. In a private
email, I asked Jon if his design can use ICs. If you use a couple of ICs to
generate the "synchronized" signal, I think you can get around the complexity.

Jon has a lot of work. Block diagrams are pretty simple. Details are hard.

Steve.
--
Steven D. Swift, , http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC. P.O. Box 55997