Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Limited Bandwidth

Ian Iveson wrote:

I haven't suggested that West uses a 10k pot. The cathode follower
would prefer the 100k.

On the basis of what principle do you say that ?

I use only SS sources and they sound like they prefer 10k.

Solid state sources will be largely agnostic about the matter until you get down
the to few k ohms or even hundreds of ohms.

Sometimes I wonder about this, considering I know sod all
about what the typical SS source is *supposed* to prefer.

Please specifiy what source and internal style of circuitry if known.

Should I stick with the 100k?

As I posted earlier. 100k is not a great choice for driving cables. It can also
increase the background noise level.

Graham