Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Limited Bandwidth

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

So a 100k pot would offer no audible losses over a 10k pot.

Indeed.

In the specified circumstances.

The 10k pot would load a previous CF with too low a load if tubed.
Just because we have a triode set up as a CF which gives low Rout 1k,
it doesn't mean we are permitted to use loads lower that the common
cathode gain stage.

That's why I suggested to put the pot (switched attenuator) in front
of the CF, wit a selector switch if one so desires.

That is in fact the far better solution. I'll be backing that horse too.

My initial post seems to have been lost in the battle of wits that
followed.
I don't have the stamina to write hundreds of lines of text about
something that can be done with in a single paragraph..........

I agree.

Graham