You miss the point. The current model holds that any difference in what
you should be calling "perception of musical beauty" can only be the
result of differences that are audible in standard DBTs. It does not
matter that current experimental standards can't detect something that
can't happen.

Actually, *you* miss the point. A test which cannot detect musical
beauty would not be able to validate your claim.

First, for the THIRD time, you are not talking about "musical beauty."
You are talking about *perceptions of musical beauty.* That perception
is no different from any subjective impression of what one
hears--preference, harshness, smoothness, etc. [insert desired
subjectivist buzzword here]. The question is, are there unknown audible
differences between, say, cables, that cannot be detected in
traditional DBTs but can differently affect our subjective impressions
of what we hear? And the answer is no, there are no such unknown
audible differences, and therefore there cannot be any unknown audible
differences that can affect subjective impressions. That's the theory,
as it stands today.

To crack this, you have to tell us what that mystery difference is, or
you have to demonstrate through some sort of listening test that such a
difference exists. To argue, as you do, that our tests are not adequate
to detect something that we have no evidence for the existence of is to
engage is a pseudoscientific parlor game.

bob