Steven Sullivan

Steven Sullivan wrote:
It's very simple: people's experience of music is a combined result of
the sound, and how one responds to the sound (call it the "subtle
internal dance"). If either one changes, then the experience changes. I
find that the internal response to the sound is something that can be
modelled and understood, and explains a great many experiences, as well
as casts light on the shortcomings of the common blind test.

Such experience does not necessarily reflect any *real difference* in the
sound or the sound-producing device -- so why talk like it does?

I've developed my model from experiences in which there are obvious
differences in the sound-- such as listening to a live performance, and
then listening to a recording of it.

But those two sounds are quite easily demonstrated to be different
by independent, objective means. You cannot conclude from *that* that all
*perceived* differences are likely to be real.

Your 'modelling' all seems to be anecdotal, so far.

--

-S