Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Radio processing

On 20/05/2020 12:03, wrote:

Lossy-data reduction does not cause "nasty and tizzy" effects, as the original poster referred to.

Questionable processing chain settings, as JW mentioned, or less than ideal gain-staging, can.

Lossy data compression and digital transmission can and does cause many
artifacts, including "nasty and tizzy" ones as well as burbling mud and
other problems when the error correction fails.

I hear these all the time as I travel round using a DAB radio.

If you must criticise, at least do so correctly.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.