Stewart Pinkerton

On 9 Oct 2005 21:28:08 GMT, wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On 2 Oct 2005 19:14:14 GMT,
wrote:

That's ridiculous. They have years of listening enjoyment by a many
many audiophiles. That is the bottom line for subjectivists. Lets face
this, the objectivists have no alternative to offer subjectivists that
will satisfy subjectivists. telling people their perceptions are wrong
is ultimately the most silly thing of all and hat does seem to be the
answer objectivists wish to ofer subjectivists.

It is true that attempting to educate the religious is doomed to
failure.

Not at all. A few good listening sessions with real high end equipment
cured me of my religious beliefs in the objectivist mantras.

There are no objectivist mantras, and we all accept the existence of
top-class speakers and vinyl rigs.

However, that *you* are unwilling to face reality, does not make us
give up hope that others will just 'trust their ears', as the
subjectivists always *claim* that they want people to do.

You seem confused. I was willing to face reality, that is why I gave up
the objectivist mantras. I did just use my ears. I have been reaping
the benefits ever since,

No, you insist on using your eyes as well.

What you
guys often forget is that all the 'hard line objectivists' on this
newgroup used to be exactly like you - except that we were willing to
accept that we had been wrong for all these years.

if they were just like me they wouldn't make up their minds about what
sounds good before actually listening.

Ah, but you do - whereas we insist on not *knowing* what we're
listening to until *after* we've made up our minds.

Note also that *real* objectivists just roll about the floor laughing
at what goes on in these newsgroups....................

I note that a few seem to be more interested in attacking subjectivists
than actually spending time geting better sound. For intance, for all
the time you have spent on RAHE you could have spent that time working
on home brewed room treatment or on finding the best mastered versions
of you favorite music. What a waste. Oh well. happy arguing Stew.

Actually, it's the subjectivists who do the attacking, and this is
just another attempt to get the objectivists to shut up. My room
sounds just fine, as does my equipment, so I have all the time in the
world for debubking sujectivist myths. I already have the best
mastered versions of all my favourite music, that doesn't take much
time at all.