Norman M. Schwartz

"Gary Rosen" wrote in message
"Jenn" wrote in message

As do musicians.......

Yes. I'm a musician, and I don't see how subjectivists obsessing
about barely audible (if really audible at all) differences are ever
able to just sit back and enjoy the music.

They don't care to. Their interest (and hobby) is to make the music SOUND
good or at its best. Perhaps when and if they ever reach satisfaction with
the performance of their systems, they do sit back and enjoy the music for a
short while at least. Soon some new piece of equipment or tweak comes along
and they are back to fine tuning their systems and probably get equal or
bigger kicks doing so. You might have to be careful to not catch the bug
yourself as I understand some musicians do get infected. The very fact that
musicians, including yourself, are reading here appears to prove that this
is true.