Posted to rec.audio.tech
MrTallyman MrTallyman is offline

Default Bose 901

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:28:07 +1000, "Trevor" wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Yes that's 3 db down at 30 Hz from 1khz. My old boxes resonated at 100 Hz.
That was the peak.

Sure, if you do a swept sine test without a filter. Put 30 Hz into the box
and you get output, but none of that output is actually at 30 Hz.

Not true.
If you put 30 Hz into a closed box speaker, sure you'll get some 30 Hz
out.
I used to put 16 Hz in and rattle the window,

Some "closed box speakers" perhaps, but not one with 4" drivers.

Trevor.

I still have a nice pair of circa 1972 Scott acoustic suspension
speakers. The 8 Inch driver 3 way model. Finding a sealed driver (cone,
button, and surround)is not easy. But they are still fine and still make
great surround speakers.