transducr

Default Why does one Neumann M49 has less high end than the other? Can I fix it

(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:znr1059222250k@trad...
In article
writes:

Still, the mic sounds very nice and very close to the one I like. It's just
the high end and level that's lacking.

Quantify, please. How much level is lacking, and how much high end
(and at what frequency)? If you like the mic, buy it. If you're
suspicious, investigate further. You aren't looking at a matched pair
here, you're looking at two mics, almost certainly different
production runs, perhaps with different components inside, and clearly
a capsule of different age. They're different, so you can expect them
to sound different. If you're talking about 10 dB difference in output
level, something's wrong. If you're talking about 1 dB difference,
don't worry about it.

Could it be that it needs caps replacement, tube, etc.?

Anything. That's why I suggested that you find out exactly what the
seller knows about its repair history.

i think he said in the original post that it was around 8dB of
difference in the outputs of the two mics...