andy

Default small room and bass.

"Wylie Williams" wrote in message news:YktFc.16946$IQ4.8231@attbi_s02...
"Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro" wrote
If i have a small, square 11'x 11' listening room am i doomed to
have no bass?

I didn't read your links and I have no training in physics. Nevertheless I
say that if you can have deep bass in the space between a headphone
diaphragm and your eardrum, or in a car, you can have bass in your room. The
size isn't the problem, but the dimensions may be. Have you actually had a
problem or are you just asking?

Wylie Williams
The Speaker and Stereo Store

What about medium- and large-sized room? I listen music in a 5.5 * 6
mt with 4.5 mt ceiling. I expect excess bass at around 344/4 = 86 Hz
which i tame with a digital equalizer. Should it be better to dump the
mode with a passive absorber (in principle it it easier to build a
bass absorber at a higher frequency)

Regards