james

Default "Copy Control Technology"...??? bad cd audio

In article ,
ryanm wrote:

"james" wrote in message

Uh oh. There's the rub. The candy box clearly says "warning: contains
lark's vomit."

Actually, the *real* rub is that many retailers refuse to give you your
money back on them, because there is nothing physically wrong with the disc,
and you have broken the sealed packaging.

Right at that moment, is where you've literally got grounds to press a
federal case. (I don't truly believe it will end with a record exec in
prison for ten years, but it *should*.)

Someone sold you a defective product, across state lines, and when
confronted with the facts they refused to remedy the situation.

Setting aside for the moment that it's a consumer product, and it's not
defective in way that's dangerous, it's still a serious crime. If a
company institutionalizes a serious crime, and knowingly operates in
this way, you've got a corrupt organization. The higest levels of
authority in that enterprise who know, or who *should* know that this
crime is being perpetrated, should be the ones held responsible. Add
interstate commerce and mail fraud to the rap sheet in this case.

What we need now is someone willing to put as much money into an
education campaign about this problem as the RIAA has put into "educating"
people about the "dangers" of downloading (it is supporting terrorism, isn't
it?).

So where are the artists? Giving their tacit support, I say.