Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

Once upon a time on usenet Art Shapiro wrote:
On 2/10/2017 2:39 PM, RAHE Moderator wrote:

Please let me know what you all think.

RAHE used to be a great and active resource. I personally had RAHE
business cards and would fly to the Stereophile Show each year,
wherever it happened to be, to talk about the shows and what I heard
in this newsgroup. I had the pleasure of meeting the then moderator
(prior to David's long tenure) at one of the shows.

Then the newsgroup got *stridently* usurped by those of the opinion
"if I can't measure it, it must not exist and you can't possibly be
hearing any differences", aka "tin-eared objectivists". This would
probably be the late 90s.

The newsgroup never recovered.

Having it unmoderated would presumably change it into a spam heaven,
as with most other similarly uncontrolled newsgroups.

I'll sadly opine that euthanasia is probably the appropriate decision.

I respectfully suggest that, if you think the group is bad enough (and/or
will get worse if unmoderated) then *you* decide to stop following it
yourself and let others decide on a case-by-case basis in future.

Usenet is slow these days but the days of mass spam are gone. For those of
us who still check groups of interest regularly having options is good.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)