Posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
trippy

Default I Want Control! Complete and Total Control!

In article , mimus took the
hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:16:18 -0600, trippy wrote:

In article , mimus took the
hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

I want a double- drawer- or- better *programmable* CD player, goddamit.

One which allows you to punch in, say, (some equivalent of) "-N" to mean
"play all tracks up to track N", and "N+" "play all tracks from N on", and
"M-N" "play tracks M to N", all in programming sequences like "-J M-N P-Q
S+" (across different disks as well, of course).

(And I don't even have the spirit to put individual track level and--
ooh-ooh-- track crossfade control on my wish list.)

Oh, and good, whatever that means with respect to CD function.

And cheap.

Incidentally, my present player allows track programming across multiple
disks but actually pulls each disk out and sucks some info off the disk for
each time you punch a new track in and that is slow and noisy and drives me
crazy (and is really what has led to the present heart's- cry), so let's
keep an eye and ear out for that one, too.

You should get Dave to make one.

Trying to program complex electronic devices with a ten- foot rubber pole
sounds 'way too hard for me.

Leftovers from the trying to vault over the house days?

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"